The COMSTECH, in coordination with the Embassy of the Republic of Somalia in Islamabad has launched COMSTECH- Somalia S&T Cooperation Program. The major components of the program include:
- COMSTECH Consortium of Excellence (CCoE) is one of the major initiatives, comprising of key Science, Technology and Engineering Research and Academic Institutions of the OIC Member States. We would like to officially invite top two universities of the Somalia to join the COMSTECH Consortium of Excellence (CCoE).
- Fellowship Program: COMSTECH, in collaboration with the member institutions of COMSTECH Consortium of Excellence (CCoE), will offer fully funded 10 fellowships to the Somalian students, researchers and technical personnel, who are currently living and working in Somalia.
COMSTECH will provide economy class return air fare to the selected fellows. The host institutions will provide boarding & lodging and modest scholarship, along with free training.
- Workshops and Training Courses: COMSTECH, in collaboration with the relevant institutions in Somalia will organize thematic workshops and training courses on emerging technologies relevant to the national and regional needs.
COMSTECH will provide economy class return air fare to the resource persons of the workshops/trainings. The local host institutions in Somalia will provide venue, boarding and lodging and food cost of the participants. COMSTECH and local institution will work together to organize the event.
- Health Camps/Trainings in Ophthalmology and Neuro Critical Care: COMSTECH in collaboration with Islamic Development Bank and OIC General Secretariat will conduct Health Camps for high quality cataract services to improve vision related quality of life and reduce blindness related poverty. Similarly, COMSTECH in collaboration with the relevant institutions in Somalia and Pakistan will arrange training programs in Ophthalmology and Neuro Critical care for capacity building of local health professionals.
- Women in Science Fellowship Program: Somalian women scientists will be able to benefit from “Women in Science” fellowship program to conduct research studies in leading R&D institutions of Pakistan, and other COMSTECH member states.
COMSTECH will provide economy class return air fare to the fellows. The offering institutions will provide boarding & lodging and modest scholarship along with free training.
Apart from the above programs, Somalian students and scholars may also participate in other COMSTECH programs which are launched and publicized through COMSTECH website and social media. Similarly, the R&D institutions of Somalia may collaborate with CCOE institutions for exchange of knowledge, expertise, technology and resources to develop their capacities and devise solutions for their autonomous development under Reverse Linkages Program of Islamic Development Bank.
Applications are invited from interested Somalin students, scholars and institutions are invited to the above programs.
For inquiries please contact Mr. Umer Ali, Program officer, COMSTECH at firstname.lastname@example.org