PROGRAM SCHEDULE: July 17-28, 2023
Time: 10.00 AM to 12:00 PM
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: 14th July 2023
FOR REGISTRATION USE THE GIVEN LINK: Click Here
Course Title: Drug Development and Advanced Technique for Drug Research
Credit: One Instructor: Prof. Dr. M. Hafizur Rahman, Ph.D. (Japan)
CLASS SCHEDULE: JULY 17 to JULY 28, 2023 Time: 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM)
|1.||July 17, 2023||10:00-12:00 PM||Drug Design and Development: The Arts and ScienceBiotechnology and drug discovery: from bench to bedside|
|2.||July 18, 2023||10:00-12:00 PM||Development of Animal Models for Drug Research|
|3.||July 19, 2023||10:00-12:00 PM||Translational of In-vitro Dosages to In-vivo for Drug Research|
|4.||July 20, 2023||10:00-12:00 PM||Basic concepts of Pharmacokinetics|
|5.||July 21, 2023||10:00-12:00 PM||Basic concepts of Pharmacodynamics|
|6-8||July 24- 26, 2023||Histological and Immunohistochemical (IHC) Techniques for Drug Research|
|6||July 24, 2023||10:00-12:00 PM||The art and science of IHCTissue Harvesting and Fixation Tissue Processing, Tissue Sectioning, Slide preparationHematoxylin & Eosin (H&E) Staining.|
|7||July 25, 2023||10:00-12:00 PM||Immunohistochemistry of rat/mice section. ImmunocytochemistryIHC uses and considerations|
|8||July 26, 2023||10:00-12:00 PM||Antibodies and Antigens Selection of Primary and Secondary Antibodies for IHC Antibody Tittering, and Antigen unmasking for IHC Light & Fluorescent Microscopy, Magnification and Resolution, and Image processing.|
|9||July 29, 2023||10:30 – 11:30 AM||Final Exam|
CERTIFICATES: Registered participants will receive a digital certificate after the successful completion of all the necessary requirements of the course.
For more information: email@example.com; Call: 021-111-222-292 Ext: 267, 275.
Room No. 202, 2nd floor, L.E.J. National Science Information Center, International Center for Chemical and Biological Sciences (ICCBS), University of Karachi, Karachi-75270.
Critical Success Factors (Passing Criteria)
Time duration of Exam: 60 minutes, Passing marks: Min 50 %,Attendance: >=75 % or as per
rules of ICCBS
- Barrett JS (editor). Fundamentals of Drug Development. 1st ed. Wiley, USA: 2022.
- Drugs@FDA Glossary of Terms. US Food & Drug Administration; Silver Spring, MD, USA: 2022.
- Young DC (editor). Computational Drug Design. John Wiley & Sons, Inc.; Hoboken, NJ, USA: 2009.
- Rowland M and Tozer TN (editors). Clinical Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics. 4th ed. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; Baltimore, MD, USA: 2011. Hafizur RM, Raza SA, Chishti S, Shaukat S and Ahmed A (2015) A ‘Humanized’ rat model of pre-diabetes by high fat diet-feeding to weaning Wistar rats. Integrative Obesity and Diabetes 1: 44-48
- Shaukat S and Hafizur RM (2014) A long term high fat diet/low dose streptozotocin develops a type 2 diabetic rat model showing clinical presentation and pathophysiology of natural history of diabetes. Journal of Biological and Chemical Research 31, 1187-1204.