in ‘BIOLOGY’ and ‘CHEMISTRY’
The Organization of Islamic Cooperation Standing Committee on Scientific and Technological Cooperation (COMSTECH) announces awards intended to encourage and support scientific contributions in basic sciences. COMSTECH will offer awards in the fields of Biology and Chemistry during the forthcoming Session of COMSTECH General Assembly.
Each award consists of a certificate, shield of honour, and cash prize of US$5000.
COMSTECH Awards for
Excellence in Science & Technology
- COMSTECH Young Researcher Award
- Under the age of 40 years by Saturday, August 7th, 2021.
- Best Scientific Book (Authorship)
- Published by an International Publisher during 2019-2020
- The award recognizes individuals for their outstanding contributions to their respective field for discovery that has had lasting impact in furthering the theory and/or development of commercial systems
- Only those patents registered during the past five years would be considered
Each of the above three awards carries a certificate, shield of honour, and cash prize of US$3000.
Best Research Paper
- Biology 2. Chemistry 3. Mathematics 4. Physics
- Based on original Research. Review paper is not acceptable.
- Published in Impact Factor International Journal during 2019-2020
The above award in each discipline carries a certificate, shield of honour, and cash prize of US$2000.
Nominations for the COMSTECH Awards 2021 are invited from science academies, national research councils, universities, research institutions, and internationally distinguished scientists who are citizens of, and working in, OIC member states. Nominations will be judged by the committees of distinguished scientists appointed by Coordinator General COMSTECH.
A signed cover letter by the applicant along with softcopies of the relevant nomination papers be sent to COMSTECH Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications received after the closing date shall not be entertained. Nominations should clearly state the contributions made in the field for which the prize would be given. The nominations must be submitted in the English language and English translation of the related documents must be accompanied along with the following documents.
- Complete application form with signatures
- CV (no longer than 4000 words)
- List of Publications
- Endorsement letter from the Head of Institution
The closing date of receipt of the applications is Saturday, August 7th, 2021. For enquiries please contact email@example.com