COMSTECH-FCC-ECOSF Joint International Workshop on
“Genomics and Genome Editing"
May 24-27, 2016
Venue: Forman Christian College (A Chartered University), Lahore
Application Deadline: April 15, 2016
The Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) Standing Committee on Scientific and Technological
Co-operation (COMSTECH) Islamabad, Forman Christian College (A Chartered University), Lahore and ECO Science Foundation (ECOSF) invite applications from OIC member states for a training workshop on “Genomics and Genome Editing” scheduled to be held from May 24 to 27, 2016. The workshop focuses on the technologies of Genomics, Metagenomics, Epigenomics, Genome Editing and their use and applications in biomedical and agricultural sciences.
At the end of the workshop, participants should be able to have a deep insight into:
- Genome assembly
- Microbial consortia in the environment
- Epigenetic modifications across the genome (Genotyping based on SNP’s)
- The prospects and possibilities in genome repair
- Developing resistance strategies against animal and plant infections
Who should attend?
- Students, researchers and faculty members associated with molecular biology, biotechnology and bioinformatics in medicine and agriculture
- Graduate students and Doctorsassociated with biomedical and veterinary sciences,
- Personnel related to diagnostics
- Personnel associated with research funding agencies
Technical Focal Person of the Workshop:
- Dr. Kauser A. Malik SI,HI,TI, National Distinguished Professor (HEC), Dean, Post Graduate studies, Department of Biological Sciences, Forman Christian College University, Lahore
Resource Persons of the Workshop:
Mariam Sticklen, Ph.D.
Professor Plant and Soil Sciences,
Michigan State University, USA
Dr. Shahla Mohammad Ganji,
Faculty member at (NIGEB),
National Institute of Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, Tehran, Iran
Tariq Zaman, Ph.D.
Neuroscientist, Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology,
Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry,
Medical Sciences Building,
University of Western Ontario, Canada
Prof. Dr. Michael Jones,
WA State Agricultural Biotechnology Centre (SABC),
Murdoch University, Perth, Australia
Dr. Aftab Bashir,
Department of Biological Science,
FCC, Lahore, Pakistan
Dr. Shahid Mansoor,
Director/ Deputy Chief Scientist,
NIBGE, Faisalabad, Pakistan
There is no registration fee for participants from OIC Member States or Foreign experts. Registration fee for local participants is Pak Rupees 2,500. Full time students can avail 60% discount in the registration fee.
Local Hospitality and Travel:
COMSTECH will provide free hospitality (accommodation and meals) to participants selected from the OIC countries. Travel grants are available only for Experts and Resource Persons. Airport pick-and-drop service on arrival and departure will be provided to all participants.
The interested participants from ECO member countries can apply for travel grants (air tickets) to ECO Science Foundation (ECOSF) by downloading the Travel Grant Application Form from their website and submitting it to ECOSF as per their guidelines.
- Step 1: Download application form from here or http://www.fccollege.edu.pk/
- Step 2: Read instructions in the application form carefully and submit properly filled form to email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org. Foreign participants must submit scanned copy of first three pages of their passport along with the application form.
- Step 3: If you are selected we will notify you by email. Therefore, please regularly check your emails.
For queries, please contact: