The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) UK and RSC Pakistan Section is organizing the 1st International Conference on Medicinal Chemistry & Drug Discovery during October 18 – 19, 2018. The conference will be held at COMSTECH secretariat, located in Islamabad, Pakistan. Invited speakers for the conference comprise eminent scientists from UK, in particular from Oxford University. The conference would provide exciting opportunities for young scientists working in the field of medicinal chemistry and drug discovery to interact with science leaders.
This international event aims at gathering researchers involved in the complementary fields related to the conception and development of new drugs and related therapeutic innovations.
The conference topics would include:
- Protein/enzyme systems targeted for therapeutics interventions
- Chemical biology in drug discovery: visualizing biological processes
- Current research in medicinal chemistry
- Structure and fragment-based drug design
- Target discovery and validation
- Natural products drug discovery
- Drug-receptor interaction
- Case studies: from target validation to novel drugs
Conference aims and objectives:
- The conference is devoted to stimulating engagement, networking and collaboration amongst researchers within medicinal chemistry, chemical biology and drug discovery for further development and advancement of chemical sciences.
- Further, the conference aims to provide a platform for researchers from all over the world and particularly OIC member states to contribute to international research within medicinal chemistry.
We anticipate participation from academics, industrial and R&D fields which include Chemists, Pharmaceutical scientists, Physicians, Biotechnologists, Biochemists, Faculty Members, Researchers, CEOs, Directors and Students of Chemistry, Biology and Pharmacy & Medicine.
There is no registration fee for participating in the conference.
Registration of candidates from Pakistan:
Candidates from Pakistan are required to directly register on the conference website, http://icmcdd-isb2018.com. Deadline for registration is 30th of September, 2018.
COMSTECH will provide free boarding and lodging to a limited number of outstation (outside Rawalpindi & Islamabad) participants from Pakistan. Other participants will be required to manage their boarding and lodging at their own expense. Travel grants are not available.
Registration of participants from other OIC member states:
COMSTECH invites applications from all OIC member states. Deadline for application is 31st of August 2018. Applicants from OIC member states (other than Pakistan) are required to register via the following procedure:
Step 1: Download application form click HERE.
Step 2: Read instructions in the application form carefully and submit properly filled form along with your CV and scanned first three pages of your passport to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 3: Selected candidates will be notified by email, hence, check your Inbox frequently.
Step 4: In addition to submitting application to COMSTECH by email, you must have to register on the conference website, http://icmcdd-isb2018.com.
Note: If you are interested in Oral/Poster presentation, please send your abstract along with your application form.
Selected participants from OIC member states would be provided boarding and lodging facilities by COMSTECH. Travel costs would be borne by the participants themselves.
We look forward to welcome you in Islamabad in October!
Conference Coordinators at COMSTECH:
Mr. Ikram Abbasi
Ms. Hina Andleeb
Programme Manager, COMSTECH
Ms. Khazima Muazim
Programme Manager, COMSTECH