The three-day workshop aims to provide an introduction and application of genome editing and new breeding technologies to researchers and students working on crop improvement or genomic selection of livestock, and help them familiarize with recent developments. Scientists having substantial experience in both fields will deliver lectures and will have interactions with participants. The workshop will also cover regulatory framework for development and commercialization of these technologies.
- New breeding technologies
- Large scale genomics and genomic selection in crop and livestock breeding
- CRISPR/Cas9 for crop improvement
- Cas13a applications
- Regulatory frame for approval of genome edited crops
- High throughput phenomics
Students, researchers and professionals preferably from molecular biology, biological sciences, plant breeding and genetics are encouraged to apply. Students from other relevant backgrounds are also welcome.
There is no registration fee for participation.
Travel & Local Hospitality:
A limited number of travel grants are available for speakers and participants from OIC Member States. Interested candidates are required to download the travel grant form here and send the duly filled form along with application form by the deadline.
COMSTECH will provide free board and lodging to speakers and a limited number of participants from OIC member states. Airport pick-and-drop service on arrival and departure will be provided to foreign participants upon prior information.
Step 1: Download application form from here
Step 2: Read instructions in the application form carefully and submit properly filled form along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org /email@example.com. Foreign participants must submit scanned copy of first three pages of their passport along with the application form.
Step 3: Selected candidates will be notified through email; hence, applicants are required to regularly check their emails.
- Dr. S. Khurshid Hasanain, Adviser COMSTECH, Islamabad, Pakistan
- Dr. Shahid Mansoor, National Institute for Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering - NIBGE, Faisalabad, Pakistan
- Dr. Magdy M. Mahfouz, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology - KAUST, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Dr. Imran Amin, National Institute for Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering - NIBGE, Faisalabad, Pakistan
Program Manager, COMSTECH
Fax: +92-51-9205264, +92-51-9220265
For Subject related queries please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Workshop site: https://www.icgeb.org/pakistan-genome-editing-2019.html